Marketing and Artist Liaison Manager, Signum Records
Location Office-based (Perivale, West London) & home-working (hours tbc)
Hours Full time – approx. 40 hours per week (some weekends and evenings)
Length of contract Permanent
Salary Commensurate with experience
Launched in 1997, leading independent classical label – Signum – now has almost 700 releases in its catalogue and continues to record new albums with approximately 35 new releases per year. Artists on the label include numerous leading British soloists, chamber musicians, choral ensembles, opera companies and orchestras, and a growing number of American and other international artists. These include the Philharmonia, Paul McCreesh and the Gabrieli Consort and Players, The King’s Singers, Alessio Bax, Joby Talbot, Thomas Adès, Tenebrae, Houston Chamber Choir and many others. A multi award-winning label, Signum has won two Grammys, multiple BBC Music Magazine awards and three Gramophone Awards including Label of the Year award 2017. Signum Records works closely with its sister company in production and sound-engineering, Floating Earth.
Signum’s office building is based in Perivale, West London (nearest tube – Perivale, Central line), and is shared with Floating Earth. The building has open plan office space as well as a number of edit suites and small studios. A small amount of warehouse space is on-site to service immediate needs, but the bulk of the physical stock sits with a third-party warehouse or in distribution. At the time of writing, the team is working largely from home.
Summary of the role
We’re looking for someone with enthusiasm and a passion for/knowledge of classical music to work as part of a small, close-knit team with the label’s A&R, Digital Marketing Manager, PR and press team. This new role will take responsibility as the central point of co-ordination for the artists, production and release, and will drive new marketing initiatives. The successful candidate will be able to juggle unrelated tasks alongside “big picture” thinking and detailed implementation. But mostly, you will love music, be able to work independently as well as part of a team. Mentoring and training to support professional development will be offered, as appropriate.
Key responsibilities include
- Building strong relationships with the internal team, artists, artist managers and partners.
- Creation and implementation of a schedule of marketing opportunities and campaigns to promote the sales of new releases and catalogue both in specific markets and globally.
- Acting as the central point of contact for artists, both proactively and reactively.
- Optimisation of each release and existing catalogue in liaison with the artists.
- Working with the team to develop the timeline of materials and activity around new releases and manage the pipeline to ensure dates are met, internally and externally.
- Commissioning and creation of marketing materials.
- Central liaison for the physical distributor network: sending information on new releases, arranging special promotions and campaigns.
- Helping to grow and implement Signum’s commitment to sustainability.
- Helping to build and shape an engaging, successful, consistent release schedule.
- Ensuring that all administration and promotional details are accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Having good communication skills, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Willingness to work flexibly including out-of-hours and weekends.
- A passion for live and recorded music, events and creative music projects.
- Copywriting ability, design skills, photo/video editing.
- A good knowledge of the digital sphere and related initiatives in tech (eg AR).
- Knowledgeable about the process of label management and music release.
- Experience of working in the recorded, live music or related industry.
- WordPress/website editing experience.
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities associated with current world issues and the music business.
- Experience of financial management at a project level.
Please send a covering letter and your CV by 4 June 2021 to:
Unit 14, 21 Wadsworth Road
Or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by 14 June 2021, with interviews taking place in the following two weeks.