Powerplant encompasses the work of some of the most dynamic young British artists, bringing together the virtuoso percussionist Joby Burgess and live sound engineer Matthew Fairclouch. The musical duo are joined by visual artist Kathy Hinde, creating experimental and challenging repertoire, which includes a video of their combined imaginations.
The repertoire also includes a new take on Steve Reich’s Electric Counterpoint, first commissioned in 1987 for guitarist Pat Metheny, placing the percussionist against a pre-recorded tape of himself. The pieces by Kraftwerk, widely acknowledged as the pioneers of modern dance music, also feature highly on this disc with arrangements for string quartet and a variety of percussive and electronic instruments.
This disc is an Enhanced CD, and features a short video performance that can be viewed when using the disc in a computer
Powerplant, Joby Burgess
Release date:7th Aug 2012
- Electric Counterpoint – I – Fast – Steve Reich – 6.51
- Electric Counterpoint – II – Slow – Steve Reich – 3.22
- Electric Counterpoint – III – Fast – Steve Reich – 4.33
- Tour de France – Kraftwerk – 5.25
- Radioactivity – Kraftwerk – 5.57
- Pocket Calculator – Kraftwerk – 6.44
- Carbon Copy – Joby Burgess & Matthew Fairclough – 5.14
- Temazcal – Javier Alvarez – 8.5
- Audiotectonics III – Matthew Fairclough – 8.5
- – –